Out and About in the Fort William area
Fort William is situated in the heart of the Scottish Highlands
and provides the perfect touring base for winter and summer
sightseeing. Popular day visits are:-
Isle of Skye - Over the sea to Skye, not to be missed
- Loch Ness - monster spotting !
- The spectacular sights of Glencoe - the most dramatic
and historic glen in Scotland
- Mallaig on the Jacobite
steam train - a great
family day out
Monument - Where Bonnie Prince Charlie raised his standard
in 1745. Here you can also see the Glenfinnan Viaduct, as
seen in the Harry Potter films.
- The port of Oban - Another ideal destination for a family.
Why not visit the seal
sanctuary on the way?
Ardnamurchan - the most westerly part of the British
Isles. Visit the lighthouse at Ardnamurchan point
beautiful Isle of Mull
- Road to the Isles and the beautiful beaches at Arisaig
- Many of the other smaller islands of the magnificent West
Coast of Scotland
Within easy reach of Fort William there are a number of visitor
Range Ski centre and gondola. This is open all year
round and is ideal for sightseeing,forest walks and mountain
biking as well as skiing in the winter.
- The Glencoe
ski centre which offers winter skiing and summer chairlift
rides is 25 miles drivve away.
Nevis with its splendid views and forest walks.
Ben Nevis Distillery
- Treasures of the Earth - this fascinating exhibition is
only 10 minutes' walk from Fordon
- The Caledonian
Canal and Neptune's Staircase
- A number of local boat trips
- The 18 hole golf course situated at the base of Ben Nevis,
there are also 2 other 9 hole golf courses within driving
(35 miles) and Spean Bridge (10 miles)
Back to Top